Followers

Thursday, February 10, 2011

All is well...

So, today my human felt well, after fighting off her virus. She showered and carried on this morning and took off for her qi gong class that started at 12:30pm. This left me home to sleep the afternoon away.

I was all excited when she got home. She seemed so calm and at peace after attending her class. She happily took me for a little walk. As we walked, I got into my "habit."

I don't talk about it much, because it's a little embarrassing, but I'm a cigarette butt addict. I'm not sure if they have a twelve step program for this or not. Anyway, I just can't seem to resist picking up cigarette butts and chewing on them. I will swallow them too, if I'm not stopped by my human. She's pretty quick to notice when I have grabbed one off the ground. She tells me to "put that down." Sometimes I do, and she tells me what a good girl I am and sometimes I don't. If she's close enough to me, she sticks her finger into my mouth and pulls it out. She says, "No, Bella, don't eat that." When we're at the dog park, I sometimes find one, and I'm too far from her, for her to grab it out of my mouth. Also, I'm off leash, so I can run away from her. Sometimes, I look like I'm being very defiant, chomping away on the butt and looking right at her. I've got a lot to learn about being more obedient. It's just not my strong suit.

Here's a photo of me that my human took last night, just before bedtime. It looks like I have a hair near my mouth. If it had been a cigarette butt, I would be chewing it.

My human says she is very happy today to feel more energy. So tonight, she painted a painting. She had prepared some masa paper, by crinkling it and pasteing it onto a piece of watercolor paper. She used watercolor and ink. She tried some acrylic paint, but she didn't like it. It was too heavy and opaque for this paper. Anyway, she says she's happy with her first try at painting on this paper.

It was so funny. She had thought to herself that it had a bit of Van Gogh in it and wouldn't you know that after she posted it on Facebook, her son wrote..."It looks a little like a Van Gogh." She said that she thinks that it's all the lines that make it seem like a Van Gogh. Here's a photo of her painting. She calls it "A Masa Fall."

I like it quite a bit. She said that she will be using this paper again, because she liked painting on it. So maybe I will be seeing more paintings like this.

I'm so happy that my human is well. It's nice to see that smile on her face and to see her getting wrapped up in her qi gong and her painting. It seems to make her happy and after all, isn't that what life is about, being happy? That's a topic for another blog post. Good night, all!

No comments: