Followers

Friday, February 18, 2011

I'm always being taken care of...

Well, it's raining like cats and dogs outside. How do you suppose that saying got started? Anyway, it's been a few days now, and I'm tired of it. I'm a California Pug. I'm not used to having to deal with RAIN. Now I know that some of you Pugs, out there, have to deal with SNOW. I don't know how you do it. I don't do FREEZING at all.

So, I got in such a tizzy tonight about the rain, that I went out on the deck and started barking at it. Can you imagine that? My Mom put an stop to that really quickly. She put me in "time out," for what seemed like a very long time. I'm just so tired of tip toeing around in the wet grass and wet ivy to find the "perfect spot." Gosh. Hope this ends soon. How do you supposed the animals survived 40 days and 40 nights of rain, like it says in the Bible? That seems impossible to me, even if there was an ark.

Here's a sweet photo of me that Mommy took. Notice how she is caressing the back of my head. Boy, do I love it when she does that.
She took off again today. She just isn't staying home much these days. She left early and went to her qi gong practice and then had coffee with two of her friends from the qi gong group. They talked and talked. My Mommy seems to like to talk a lot with her friends.

After that, even though it was pouring outside, she took off for the nearest Barnes and Nobles store, which is about twenty minutes from home. She had a $25 gift card from Christmas, that she wanted to buy something with. After browsing for an hour or so, she ended up getting a CD, that she can play while she is doing her qi gong. It's called, "Reiki Healing Touch." She then had a bowl of soup in the dining area, using her gift card, and then headed toward the magazines. She was looking for a magazine with ideas about doing mixed media art. She ended up getting this magazine.

She says she is going to start reading it as soon as she is done typing up by blog post.

After that, she headed for Target. She wanted to buy some drawers for her art supplies. So, when she got home, I saw her climbing up the stairs carrying these large white things. She almost didn't say "hi" to me. She got busy right away, putting things into the drawers, of these sort of modules she bought.



I can kind of understand. The way things were, there were art supplies all over the kitchen table and on the card table, where she needs room to work. So now things are tucked away, nice and neat. We'll have to see how long that lasts...hee, hee!

You know, I don't care if things are a mess, and I don't think Mommy cares all that much either. She says that it just becomes difficult to find what she needs, when things are strewn all over the place. She said she doesn't want to spend her time looking for things, when she wants to paint. I can understand that...and, of course, I'm a very understanding Pug, except when it comes to RAIN.

Mommy has been spending quite a bit of time reading a book that she likes, that is about mixed media. Since she has mainly been a watercolorist, mixed media is new to her. She is very excited about it, though. Here's the book that she's had her nose in for the past several days.

She showed me some of the artwork in this book. Boy, they really look good to me. I'm excited to see what my dear Mom comes up with, as she broadens her knowledge of art.

So, I'm sleeping next to the heater vent right now. I only have one more time left, for today, that I have to go out and face that rain before bedtime. Maybe it will stop raining, just long enough for me to finish what I have to do and get back into the house. Sometimes, things like that happen for me. It reminds me that I'm always being taken care of by the Universe. It's very comforting for me, knowing that.

No comments: