Followers

Thursday, February 24, 2011

I'm a happy Pug...

So, it's been a couple of days since I last talked to you. Mom and I have had some wonderful things happening, that I want to tell you about.

First off, here is a hat that my Mom just finished knitting. She started it a couple of days ago, but now with the weather forecast talking about SNOW in the Bay Area, I think she has finished it just in the nick of time. Here's a photo.
As a matter of fact, I can see that she is wearing her hat right now, while she is typing up my post. You know, I think she likes it!

Yesterday was quite a day. After Mom got home from her qi gong practice, she hurried me out the door and into the car. I assumed I was going to the Dog Park, but it didn't turn out that way.

As I jumped out of our car, I saw Mildred and realized that I was at her house for tea. Well, my Mom was there for tea, and I was there for a play date! What fun it was to run in the grass in Mildred's backyard, all green and soft. We romped around for quite some time, and then after Mom went into the house with Mildred's Mom, I soon followed. Here's a photo of Mildred.
As you can see, she is a fluffy white dog. She had some really neat toys that I played with. The two Moms talked and talked as Moms do.

Then, when we got home, there was a surprise in the mailbox. It wasn't for me, but it was for Mom. It was a book that she had sent for on Amazon. Isn't it strange that humans order books, where there is a big, long river? I don't get it.

Anyway, she read the book last night and really liked it. In the book, there are groups of stories, that included one about a horse, that she especially liked. Here's a photo of the book. If you think that your Mom would like to buy this book, just click on the photo.






Then today, after Mom got home from her qi gong class, she walked into the house with a HUGE box. At least it looked HUGE to me. She showed it to me, and I saw that it was addressed to me. I got so excited. It was from Puglet. You may remember that I won the Bubba Rose cookie cookbook for dogs on his blog. Here is a photo of the cover of the cookbook.


When I looked inside of the box, along with the cookbook, I saw a card from Puglet. His picture makes me swoon. He is such a handsome Pug, and he had such sweet words to say to me. He is my forever friend. Here is his note.
I had known that Puglet's human is a photographer, but I didn't know that she mainly photographs dogs. If you want to be professionally photographed, here is a link to her website. Just click on the dalmatian!










So Mom has told me that she is going to go to the store and get the ingredients that she needs to make some cookies for me. She now believes what Puglet says, "Food is Love." I'd been trying to tell her that all along, but it took this charming, handsome Pug from San Francisco to tell her, before she'd believe it. I can hardly wait to taste one of those cookies, or maybe more than one!

I'm a very happy Pug these days. How could I be so lucky, as to have such a wonderful Mom and such great friends, Mildred and Puglet. Wow! Life is good.

No comments: