Followers

Friday, February 25, 2011

I've got my Love to keep me warm...

So there's still talk about SNOW at sea level, here in the Bay Area. Last time that happened was in 1976. It's kind of hard for me to believe it will happen, because it was sunny all afternoon. There was some rain in the morning, but that was it. Tonight is supposed to be very cold, but I don't know if there will be SNOW. I plan on getting up early tomorrow morning, just so I can see if there is SNOW on the ground.

Today, Mom busily brought in all of her plants, that she has on our deck. She watered each of them and set them around on the kitchen counter. No way is she going to let Jack Frost hurt her plants. I can't help but wonder about all of the wild animals outside, if they will be able to find a warm place to stay through the night. I saw a squirrel today running across our driveway. I tried to catch it, but my leash stopped me in my tracks. Maybe that's why Mom makes sure I'm on a leash, when we are outside, so I can't chase those little squirrels. Actually, I don't know what I would do with a squirrel, if I caught one.

My ways of staying warm include laying on Mom, either when she is in a chair or when she is in bed. That's my absolutely favorite way to stay warm. The second way I stay warm is to sit by the heater vent, and then the third way is to sleep on one of my warm blankets.

Here I am starting to go to sleep on Mom. I love it when she wears her heavy sweater, and I can snuggle up to her and feel the warmth of her sweater and the warmth of her body. I could lay there forever.

Unfortunately, Mom keeps getting up and down from her chair. I can't understand why humans keep so busy doing things. Aren't they human "beings," instead of humans doing?




Here I am sitting by the heater vent. I've noticed that I get very sleepy, when I sit by the vent, and when I get sleepy, my tongue seems to hang farther out of my mouth, than usual. You probably can see that too. I'm not sure why that happens. Maybe it's because I'm so relaxed, that my tongue just relaxes its way out of my mouth. Do you think?

Anyway, I'm happy that on this cold winter's night, I will be in bed with my Mommy, snuggling and staying warm. She says that she is happy too, because I help to keep her warm. She calls me her little "hot water bottle." Don't you just love that?

I have been told that Pugs came from the Far East and that they were bred to keep the people of Royalty warm. Guess I'm true to my ancestry. I'm so glad that I'm a useful Pug, on top of being so darn cute and loving. Guess you can tell that being a Pug means that I have a good opinion of myself. I'm sure the rest of you Pugs out there know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, hope you are all warm and cozy on this cold night. I'm grateful that "I've got my love to keep me warm," and my "love" is my Mommy.

No comments: