Followers

Saturday, February 26, 2011

An unexpected surprise...

The strangest thing happened today. I could hardly believe it.

My Mom went out to the store this afternoon, and when she got back home, she started to fry BACON. Can you believe it? I was shocked. Since I have lived with her, I have never, I say NEVER, seen her fry bacon. I really couldn't figure out what was going on. Here's a photo of the bacon.

I tried like crazy to get up onto the counter and wrap my mouth around some pieces of that bacon, but I was just not tall enough. Now, my brother Jim, has a beagle named, Lucy. You wouldn't believe how clever she is. She has been known to jump up onto the counter and eat butter, if there is nothing better to eat. I need to take some lessons from Lucy.

Anyway, my Mom then took out her food processor and, along with the bacon, she put some other ingredients in that. Then I suddenly remembered. Mom had promised me that she would get the ingredients she needed to make some cookies from the Bubba Rose cookie book. That's what she was doing.

Boy am I lucky. I can always count on Mom to do what she says she is going to do. Not all humans are like that. There are some out there who lie and say they are going to do something, and then they don't. I'm so happy to have my Mommy.

So, pretty soon she had a pile of dough in her food processor.

Then she used a rolling pin and rolled out the dough.


She cut the dough up, and it looked like this. She had used her Mother's old biscuit cutter and then cut each piece into fours.









Here they are after they came out of the oven.

Then after a little while, my Mom asked me if I wanted a treat. A TREAT! Can you imagine? I sat very nicely, and she put the cookie treat into my mouth. WOW! YUM, YUM! Did that ever taste good. Then I couldn't seem to help it, but I wanted more. I begged a little. She didn't give me more right away, but pretty soon she asked me to "sit" and gave me another scrumptious cookie.

Here I am after finishing my second cookie. I was looking around in my blanket to see if I left any crumbs there, when Mom called my name, and, as I looked up, she snapped this photo.

Boy, is life good, when a surprise like this comes along. I never dreamed in a million years, that Mom would take the time to bake me some cookie treats. That shows me, that I can never know ahead of time, when someone is going to do a kindness toward me. Maybe that's a good thing. The surprise felt really good.

So for all of you out there, who might want to have your Moms bake you a cookie treat, this one is called "grilled cheese with bacon." It's on Page 70, in the "Organic Dog Biscuit Cookbook," by Bubba Rose. Here's a little summary of the recipe:

1c. oat flour, 1c. brown rice flour, 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese, 6 slices of bacon, 1 egg and 1/2 c. water. The pictures my Mom took kind of tell you how to mix everything together. Then bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

Mom actually doubled the recipe, since she had twelve slices of bacon in the package she bought at the store. Because I'm a small Pug and won't be eating a lot of these cookies at once, they will probably last awhile. She has put them in the refrigerator and can freeze them, if she needs to.

So again, I'm a happy Pug. My Mom keeps her word and loves me enough to cook for me.
What more could a Pug ask for?

No comments: