Followers

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Raining AGAIN?...

Okay, so I was supposed to be out of town this weekend. Mom and I had plans. But, guess what? The weather didn't cooperate. It's been raining AGAIN most of today.

Mom had gotten everything ready. She had put my crate in the front seat of the car, next to her. She had put gas in the car. She had given me a bath, gotten my nails clipped and, believe it or not, she had bought me a new sweater to wear on our trip. Here I am posing in my sweater.
Here's kind of a glamor shot.
So you might be wondering where we were going to go. Well, it's in the mountains. No that's not right. It's in what is called the foothills, but they have snow there, like in the mountains. That's what confuses me. It's on the way to the mountains. Last time we were there, I refused to walk down some snowy stairs, and Mom had to carry me down to the car.

I just don't like walking on snow. It's bad enough that I'm having to deal with all of this rain. I find it really hard to find a spot to pee. I don't like getting my feet wet, either. Although, I must say that I'm getting used to it, now that we have had so many days of rain. Now, I sometimes walk in the puddles on purpose. It's kind of fun. I like the sound of the splash and the feel of the water spattering up under my belly. Maybe I have some Lab in me. Do you think?

So, I was so disappointed that we couldn't go. I love going up there and seeing THE BOYS. There are three of them, and they just love me to pieces. They seem to always want to hold me and wrestle with me and take me for walks. The BOYS are age 13, 11 and almost 9. They seem to be the best age for liking dogs, especially a Pug like me.

The good news is that I'm going to see them and their Mom next weekend. Mom says the rain is going away and the sun will be coming out on the day after tomorrow. That means rain again tomorrow. Whew! It's always been hard for me to wait for things, so this is not going to be easy. I can hardly wait to see THE BOYS and their Mom too. I follow her all over the house, when I'm there.

Guess Mom talked to her and she said she had three hours of shoveling to do in their driveway, from all of the snow they have had. She also said that the electricity had been out on and off for several days. Boy, she and THE BOYS must be really strong, living up there with all the weather they get. Yet, they all go down hills on these board like things, Mom calls them skis, and play in the snow. I wonder if I can get used to snow, like I'm getting used to rain. Hmmmm.

So anyway, Mom and I have been cooped up in the house today. She has been crocheting and creating art. I've been mainly sleeping by the heater vent. Here I am near the vent, with my sweater on. It's nice to be WARM.
So, that's about it from my neck of the woods. I'm a happy Pug. I have a trip that I'm going on soon, and Mommy loves me so much that she bought me a new sweater. I love being a Pug.

2 comments:

Minnie Moo said...

I feel ya girlie. I feel ya.

Muah,

Minnie Moo

Josie Poodle said...

You look bee-yoo-tiful, Bella!